Friday, December 13, 2013

North End

Rabanastran (woman in pink, red, and blue): I do hope the parade drums up some business. I’ve just come from the bazaar, but I can scarcely afford a thing.

Bungling Hunter: Listen, churl, you get into trouble, do it proper, like. Make a name for yourself. I want the bounty on your head to be worth the trouble! Har!

Conspicuous Bangaa: You want in? Out with it, then! Hah! You don’t even have one! You’ll no’ be getting’ in without, boy. Off with ya!

???: (You’re not sure what this sign is for.)

Imperial: Not now, boy, I’m on duty. Peddle your wares elsewhere, eh?

Rabanastran (blue seeq): They’re holding a banquet in the palace after the parade is over. Delicacies and delectables the likes of us’ll never taste, boy.

Rabanastran (man in green and brown shorts): They’re locking the city down tight. Which suits me fine. I’m happy to stay right here. Don’t believe me? Head down to the gates and see for yourself!

Traveler: Isn’t Rabanastre marvelous? Fascinating in ways wholly different from Archades. I’ve even taken to the local fashion!

Imperial (northwest): Don’t worry, lad. I know the watch has been a bit rough today, but things should get back to normal soon enough once the parade is over.

Imperial (northeast): We’re on heightened watch until the Consul’s inauguration ceremony is complete. Parts of the city are off limits for the duration.

Rabanastran (blue seeq): There are those who care little for the Empire. No doubt they are the reason behind the show of Imperial force today.

Dispirited Woman: I haven’t the slightest interest in the Imperial Parade. It will only remind me of the Princess’s wedding to Prince Rasler… I didn’t have the clearest view of them then, but I could tell how happy they were. If only things had turned out differently…

Imperial: No loitering! Can’t keep watch with the likes of you standing ‘round. We’re under strict orders to arrest suspicious characters, boy.

Rabanastran (brown bangaa in black and red pants): First the parade, then the fete. This consul must be an important man.

Riby: Can’t turn around without running into an Imperial today. Times like this, it’s best to just keep your head down and stay outta trouble.

Rabanastran (man in brown and tan): Oh, Vaan, it’s you. Even two years later, sometimes I look at you and see Reks.

Tough Knight: The most important thing in a fight? A level head on your shoulders. Beasts great and small roam abroad. Be sure you know which you face before charging into battle.

Yamoora’s Gambits (sign): “A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field without cultivation.”

Rabanastran (woman in white, yellow and blue): I was just out for a little stroll and these Imperials yell at me for no reason at all. Is such a heavy guard needed for the consul’s arrival?

Rabanastran (woman in green and pink): I hear there’s a resistance group planning something against the Imperials. But if you ask me, things aren’t so bad the way they are now.

Imperial: All traffic with Lowtown is suspended until the new consul reaches the palace.

Helpful Man: Such a grand city… Why, even the locals must need a map to find their way! Go ahead, look at your map. There’s no shame in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment