Sunday, December 22, 2013

East End Shops

Batahn’s Technicks
Rabanastran (man speaking to other man at bookshelf): Technicks are skills that let you do things no magicks can. Stealing treasures from your foes, stanching wounds… Well, you should know!
Rabanastran (woman talking to red bangaa): My friend here was just telling me about the Salikawood, a great forest that lies beyond the desert, even the mountains. It was once part of the Kingdom of Nabradia, but no one has claimed it since Nabradia’s fall.
The Sandsea
Rabanastran (man sitting at table with woman): The marks from the hunts on the notice board are trouble enough, but I hear there are even tougher hunts out there… The really difficult hunts don’t go up on the boards at all. You can only find out about them through a clan. Huh, they must be some marks…
Tavernmaster: There was a bangaa from the Empire through here, said he was lookin’ for help with something… Can’t for the life of me remember what, though. I do remember he said he’d be out at Westgate. If you’re curious about what he wanted, you can always go ask him yourself.
Rabanastran (black bangaa at bar): Some paths may only be navigated on a chocobo. Not many, to be sure, but they’re there. You need a careful eye to spot ‘em.
Barkeep (man near base of stairs): There was a tremendous explosion in the west, yes? And the Rains have come to Giza, yes? Of course, it had been the Dry for some time… I suppose the one has nothing to do with the other, yes?
Barkeep (woman on balcony): I’m so glad all of our patrons can use the balcony again. Before the war it was such a lively place, but no so since the Imperials had come. If he never does another thing for us, I’ll still be grateful to our new consul.
Yugri’s Magicks
Rabanastran (woman in pink, yellow, and blue browsing bottles): D’you see that Imperial just there? Word is he was caught ducking his duties in the Sandsea and ordered to stand watch here instead.
Earnest Seeq: Wanted to try out me magicks, so I heads down to the Ozmone Plain. Saw me a garif, and bein’ as you don’t see ‘em every day, I a-followed him. Along the way we passes this cave, and curiosity gets the better of me. So I steps in, but the beasts in there… You best not even know! The garif kept right on past that cave, and he had the right of it.
Panamis’s Protectives
Rabanastran (man in tan and yellow browsing curio): Did you ever notice the guard on the second floor of the Sandsea? I think he may have been caught loafing about on the job. Now he’s been moved over to Yugri’s Magicks, but I doubt that will make any difference.
Rabanastran (red bangaa speaking to woman): Rain may fall and sandstorms may whorl, but I’ve not seen anything to match the coming of the Rains in Giza! The villages empty, and I’d swear the lay of the land itself seems to change! Neither the time nor the place to find yourself lost!
Amal’s Weaponry
Rabanastran (tan bangaa in green vest): Can’t say as I know for certain it’s Lord Vayne’s doing, but the guards do seem to be getting on better with people than they used to. You can be sure the guards aren’t too pleased by it. I’d hate to be whoever or whatever they’re taking their frustrations out on.
Sherral: In addition to my inspections, I’ve been assigned patrols as well. The combat can be trying, I’m not ashamed to admit. I suppose I had let myself grow soft… Mayhap this is just the proper medicine.
Amal: Take the Amal challenge! You’ll not find weapons of higher quality! [shop menu]
Migelo’s Sundries
Rabanastran (woman in pink top and headscarf): They lost contact with the Imperial Fleet out west of Rabanastre. They wouldn’t have flown into jagd, would they? That would be suicide.
Rabanastran (orange seeq): When I was growing up, I heard all manner of stories about the great hume-king Raithwall.
Rabanastran (man talking to tan bangaa): South of Giza Plains? That’s the northern tip of Kerwon. You’ll find races you’ve never even seen in Dalmasca down that way.
Rabanastran (woman in pink, green, and tan): Relations between Archadia and Rozarria haven’t been good. The Rozarrians couldn’t have been glad to see Rabanastre fall to Archadia.
Migelo: Making trouble with the Imperials, sneaking into the sewers… never know which way the wind blows with you, m’boy! Now you’re traveling the world! I won’t try to stop you, though. Just you be sure to look after Penelo while you’re at it, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment