Monday, December 23, 2013

Westgate & Aerodrome

Westgate
Reluctant Adventurer: There’s a cavern out there what’s filled with fiendishly strong creatures. And I hear someone’s found a new way inside, deeper than any’ve been. I’ll wager whoever said “nothin’ ventured, nothin’ gained” never ventured into a pit like that, eh?
Rabanastran (woman speaking to man and bangaa): Desert to the east, desert to the west… I’ve heard of people traveling many days before realizing they’d set out in the wrong direction. I use the aerodrome as a marker. If I see that, I know I’m at Westgate.
Rimzat: Hha! I’ve been waiting for some time. You see, I am in need of assistance. Please, hear my words. I have been sent from Archadia to study the sandstorms of the Dalmasca Westersand, but the storms’ violence makes such study… impossible. There is a place in the desert, at the end of a long trail that winds through the north. Mayhap you know it. That is the site of my study. But before the wrath of such a storm, I can do nothing. This is why I seek help. Will you help me?
>Sure, I’ll help.
Thank you, my friend! I have made no progress on my own. I would like you to start by gathering information within Rabanastre. My own inquiries yielded little. There is one man who knows more than he will say. He sits atop the fountain in the plaza. He does not care for the Empire, so he will tell me nothing. Perhaps you will have better luck. I will be waiting to hear what you find.
>No, sorry.
Rimzat (x2) (after accepting): Have you learned aught of the sandstorm in the Westersand? There is a man named Cotze, who sits atop the fountain in the plaza. He knows something of this, but when he learned I was from Archadia, he would say no more. Perhaps you will have better luck.
Aerodrome
Rabanastran (the couple embracing by the window): …I know you’d never push me away… as long as I hold you, we’ll always be together…
Merchant: It’s the strangest thing… I was in Bhujerba not long back, and there was someone running around pretending to be Captain Basch. Whatever for?
Nono: Terrible news, kupo! When the Imperial fleet exploded over the Westersand, the Strahl was damaged! I’m gathering the parts I need to make repairs as quickly as I can, but it may take some time, kupo.
Rabanastran (man in blue, red, and green): You see that group of people by the window? They’re from Archadia. They never left after the parade… Maybe they’re thinking of staying.
Traveler: The return ship to Archades still hasn’t come. But I’ve patience enough to go on waiting. It’s not as though they could have forgotten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment