Sunday, December 22, 2013

East End

Johm: Ain’t got nothin’ to do. Ever since the parade, there aren’t hardly any people visiting the city. A pickpocket’s no good without pockets to pick!
Rabanastran (man in turban and brown shorts): I haven’t found a better way to make money than selling the loot and equipment I get from my hunts. If there is a better way, let me know!
Rabanastran (light blue seeq): Migelo’s back to his old jolly self again. Though he seems a bit… wistful, I suppose is the word. Like a father whose children have flown the nest.
Rabanastran (boy in brown near bridge): Hey, mister. You wanna hear about the history of Rabanastre? It won’t cost ya much… What? I gotta eat, too, ya know. Let’s see… 1 gil oughta do it.
>Sure, let’s hear it.
Have you ever heard of King Raithwall? He’s an ancestor of the Dalmasca family from a long, long time ago. “He was a leader of unrivaled wisdom, and a warrior of peerless fortitude.” At least, that’s what my folks told me. They say he even had a powerful gigas that had to do whatever he said, and that the gigas still guards his tomb to this day. I don’t know if that part about the gigas is true or not, but it was somethin’ mighty strong, anyways.
>No, thanks.
Well, not everyone’s interested in that sorta thing, I suppose. Don’t worry none.
Lonely Boy: I heard there’re some kids down in Lowtown what wanna be sky pirates. Waste of time, if you ask me, dreamin’ about something that won’t never happen.
Rabanastran (man in green and brown shorts on bridge): Hey, Vaan! I heard you’re the one who saved Penelo from that lousy bunch of bangaa. You’ve really come a long way from hunting rats down in the sewers. Nice work!
Rabanastran (woman in pink, blue, and green): Have you heard? They say Vayne’s being called back to Archades – that he may already have left. Do you suppose he’s in some kind of trouble?
Rabanastran (tan blindfolded bangaa): The Imperial fleet en route to Rabanastre simply… vanished into thin air. What could have happened?
Wistful Bangaa: While back, there was a rumor kickin’ around that Basch was alive and in Bhujerba. Turned out to be lies, of course. Who’d start a rumor like that?
Rabanastran (man in green and brown shorts near Panamis’s): The other day I saw some wounded Imperials being carried through here. They haven’t said what it was all about, though there are rumors aplenty.
Town Gossip: It’s the Rains in Giza again, but not to worry. The Dry will be back soon enough.
Bucco: Hey, Vaan. I haven’t seen you around town much lately. And now that I think of it, I haven’t seen Penelo around, either… So… just what have you two been up to, huh? Heh heh heh.
Rabanastran (black bangaa chatting with seeq): My friend here says there are 529,412 cobblestones in the Southern Plaza ‘round the corner, not including the tiles in the fountain. But even with the stones by the city gates… ‘Course, he could be countin’ the flagstones, too. That would be another matter altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment