Monday, December 16, 2013

Khus Skygrounds

City Parijanah: Svagatam, traveler. Up the steps here you will find Travica Way, our main boulevard. At its north end stands the magnificent Ondore estate.
Bhujerban (black bangaa walking about): Kah? A Resistance against the Empire? This is Bhujerba! Unlike some kingdoms, we know how to deal with Archades here. Cloudspit! Pah!
Pilika: Oh dear, kupo… I have… (sigh) I cannot tell you. You are a stranger.
Street Kid: We’re going to play at sky pirates! No, you may not join us. Do not bother asking!
Bhujerban (woman in pink, red, and blue gazing at vendor’s wares): Once there were many vendors here, but their numbers have fallen since the Empire came. Only this one stallholder remains, you see.
Kweli’s Last Stand (sign): Without Charter of His Excellency, Member Khus Skygrounds Merchants’ Guild. We’ll match any price, anywhere!
Street Vendor: Traveler! Pause a moment! Take a look! [shop menu]
Bhujerban Sainikah: The Marquis, supporting a Resistance against the Empire? This is a lie spread by those who tire of the peace the Marquis has brought us, bhadra.
Bhujerban (woman in pink top and headscarf leaning on terrace): This man next to me, he stares and he stares. I wish he would stop. I wait here for my boyfriend! If he were to see this…
Bhujerban (man in turban and blue shorts leaning on terrace): When I was a child, long I stood here watching the airships fly to and fro. All day could I watch. I wanted… I wanted to be a sky pirate! Ha ha!
Bhujerban (blue seeq): Mrrnh? Aye, I dislike the Empire. Who wouldn’t? But you hold it inside, and you treat with them. This is what it means to be an adult, yes?
Street Kid: An Imperial soldier gave me a sweet, so I took it. Why is amba cross with me?
Bhujerban (moogle with green pom-pom): Clio’s Technicks in Miners’ End! We’re your first and last stop for technicks, kupo! Master Clio is a personal friend! We moogles stick together!

City Parijanah: Svagatam, traveler. Welcome to the Khus Skygrounds, favored leisure spot of all Bhujerbans. Quite beautiful, do you not agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment