Thursday, December 12, 2013

Amal's Weaponry

Rabanastran (tan bangaa in green & white vest): Some weapons are good for range, some strike quickly. Find a weapon that suits your needs, and stick with that.

Rabanastran (blue seeq walking about): Sure, we call ‘em all “monsters”, but not all are created equal. Plenty will keep to their business, if you keep to yours. ‘Course, if you go pickin’ a fight, don’t surprised if’n they fight back. (snort)

Imperial/Sherral: Don’t mind me, boy. Just inspecting the weapons. Have to be sure nothing inappropriate is making its way to the average citizen, am I right?

Novice Adventurer: So many weapons, so little gil…
Wise Moogle: Pish! What about all those pelts and fangs from the monsters you’ve killed? You know, the loot, kupo! That’s worth plenty of gil!
Novice Adventurer: I know, I know. But it seems such a waste to just sell it all…
Wise Moogle: Nonsense! You’re only making things harder for yourself, kupo. Why line your purse with loot, when you could line it with gil instead? But there’s more to it than that. The more loot you sell, the more bazaar goods you’re like to come across. Bazaar goods can be anything from sets of items at discounted prices to rare pieces of equipment you won’t see anywhere else, kupo.
Novice Adventurer (x2): So what if I’m out on a hunt and I need to sell something? Do I have to keep selling my loot to the same shop to buy these bazaar goods?
Wise Moogle: You’ve got it all wrong, kupo! Where you sell makes no difference. All the shops will have the same bazaar goods available for you. They have a special arrangement, you see, so you can check any shop you like when you want to know which bazaar goods are in stock, kupo!
Novice Adventurer: Hmm. What’ll they think of next?
Novice Adventurer (x3): Here’s my plan. Once I find some bazaar goods I really like, I’m gonna buy as much as I can.
Wise Moogle: Oh, no no no. I’m afraid it doesn’t work that way, kupo. Once you purchase a bazaar good, it won’t be on sale any longer.
Novice Adventurer: What if I sell more loot? If the same bazaar good appears again, I can buy it again, right?
Wise Moogle: That’s right, kupo. If you keep selling the loot you find, the same bazaar goods could come up for sale again. Then, of course, you can buy them again!
Amal: Might I interest the young master in some weapons? [shop menu]

Previous: East End & Migelo's Task

No comments:

Post a Comment