Sunday, December 22, 2013

02. Wolf in the Waste

Thextera (Mutant Wolf)
Petitioner: Gatsly (Rabanastre)
  • Saw bill posted for the hunting of Thextera (Rank I). The petitioner is Gatsly at the Sandsea tavern in Rabanastre.
  • Hunt accepted. Gatsly explains that a delivery he is expecting will be coming via the Dalmasca Westersand. He fears Thextera may attack the caravan. Thextera is to be found on the Galtea Downs in the Dalmasca Westersand.
  • Thextera defeated! Report to Gatsly at the Sandsea tavern in Rabanastre.
  • Hunt reported. Gatsly heard the news with great relief and went home happy. He urges you to visit him at his shop.
Bill
Seek brave souls for the slaying of fearsome beastie. My future rests on your swift response! My name is Gatsly. Seek me in the Sandsea tavern.
Related Dialogue & Scenes
Rabanastran/Gatsly [In Muthru Bazaar, before the Consul’s parade]: Business has been slow these days. I’ve been looking for something new to sell – you know, try and turn things around. If I don’t come up with something soon, I may have to close shop. I’ve no time to be worrying about parades and banquets.
Gatsly [In the Sandsea, before agreeing to speak to petitioner]: I’m at my wit’s end. If that shipment doesn’t get through… I don’t know what I’ll do. There has to be a hunter out there who’ll do it…
Gatsly [after agreeing to speak to petitioner]: You saw my bill? My bill to hunt Thextera? If you’re lookin’ for Gatsly, you found him. I own a shop over in the Bazaar, but times have been tough. So I put in an order for some new goods, hoping to stir up some business. Put up everything I own as collateral against that shipment. Trouble is, this beastie in the Westersand’s been attacking the caravans. As it happens, my goods are supposed to be arriving by way of the Westersand, too. If this Thextera were to attack, what of my goods? Please, you must kill Thextera for me! Accept the hunt, and I’ll tell you where to find it.
>Accept
Now we’re talkin’! Thextera stalks the Westersand in a region known as Galtea Downs. The caravan drivers said they were set upon along the cliff wall to your left as you leave the city via the west gate. I’m depending on you. If our shop goes under, my wife and I will be turned out on the streets.
>Decline
If something happens to that caravan, I don’t know what will become of us…
Gatsly [after accepting the hunt]: I wagered my shop’s future on this shipment. A fine time for this Thextera to be ravaging the Westersand. The caravan drivers said they were set upon along the cliff wall to your left as you leave the city via the west gate, in Galtea Downs. I’m depending on you. If our shop goes under, my wife and I will be turned out on the streets.
Gatsly [after defeating Thextera]: You did it! You brought down Thextera! Thank you! Thank you so much! You’ve saved me and my wife. This isn’t much, but I want you to take it for helping us out.
[Wolf in the Waste
500 gil
Headguard x1
Teleport Stone x1]
Well, it’s time I headed back to my shop. Say, you should stop by sometime! Maybe I’ll have a little something for you. I’m afraid it won’t be much, so don’t go too far out of your way. But if you happen to be near the Bazaar, say hello. Agreed?
Gatsly [back in the Muthru Bazaar, after having collected your reward]: Oh, hello! I wanted to thank you again for your help. Our shipment arrived safely, and business has been brisk. Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten our arrangement. Go to a nearby shop – any will do – and look in the bazaar goods. I put together a little something from the goods we received. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding it.
Gatsly (x2): Have you made it to a shop to look at the Bazaar Goods, yet? If not, you really ought to. Oh, and thanks once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment