Monday, December 16, 2013

Miners' End

City Parijanah: Svagatam, traveler. How may I assist you? Ah, yes, the great edifice of our city, visible from all wards and piers. Marquis Ondore’s estate! To go to the estate, go to the west from here to Cloudborne Row, and north from there.
Bhujerban Sainikah: Haa? The mines? They are closed, bhadra. They will resume mining tomorrow, however. Not that mining is very enjoyable to view.
Lhusu Miner (man in green shorts sitting on ledge near parijanah): The Imperials are gone, yes? And so, with thirst in my throat, I go to the Cloudborne, only to find my purse is quite empty! Kastam…
Miners’ Ender (moogle in gold with orange pom-pom walking around): So, so many hills in this town of ours! (pant) I must keep healthy, kupo, or I can’t get about. What to do when I am an old moogle?
Lhusu Miner (black bangaa yelling at moogle on ledge): Moogle! You think you are so clever! You think you are so innocent with your… your pom-pom! I know the truth! I know what you have done!
Miners’ Ender Kid: Kah? Oh, ahead is Kaff Terrace, yes. You are not from Bhujerba, are you? Then be prepared! It is quite thrilling there, you see.
City Parijanah: Lost your way? Allow a parijanah to assist you! Kah? You go to the estate of his Excellency the Marquis? Then first, go to Cloudborne Row. Walk up this slop to the junction at top. There, go east and you will reach the Row. From there, go north, bhadra. When you see the shining wings dancing into blue sky, you will know the way you must go.
Miners’ Ender (moogle with green pom-pom sitting on crate): Do you know why there are so many hills in Bhujerba? Because the purvama it was built upon, Dorstonis, is hilly! Kupo!
Lhusu Miner: I have seen the Marquis running along like a dog to these Judges. Bhorta cares for this not. How can we leave Bhujerba in the hands of such a man?
Miners’ Ender (woman in blue, pink, and green): Hanta! Never before have the Imperials had the temerity to blockade our roads! The Marquis falters, I fear. This is a shame on us!
Miners’ Ender (man sitting talking to his girlfriend beneath balcony): I heard a soldier, an Imperial, above us. He said that the great fleet of the Empire approaches Bhujerba! Can this be true?
Miners’ Ender (woman in pink top and headscarf sitting on ledge): You are from Rabanastre? I have heard from a friend there. “We lost all,” she said, “because Captain Ronsenburg took away our king.”
Miners’ Ender (woman in yellow, blue, and white talking to group): Who knows what the Marquis thinks? He was close to the royal family of Dalmasca, yet in the war two years past, he aided Archades! Curious…
Lhusu Parivir: Aye, magicite mining’s starting up again on the morrow, down at Site 3… Got to go down to the Staras place ‘n’ get my key… Mmmmrph.
Miners’ Ender (moogle with orange pom-pom sitting on ledge): Me? Normally, I am working in the mines, fixing the machines. Today, I rest, kupo, but tomorrow, tomorrow work begins again!
Bhujerban Guru: Ah… I seen some sour-lookin’ bangaa about. Wastrels like them shouldn’t be let to roam the streets. ‘Tis bad for our image, eh?
Miners’ Ender (man in green shorts with back to wall and arms crossed): Here in Miners’ End is where the workers of our city live. It is an odd name, I agree. Today the Mines are closed, and so the streets are busy.
City Parijanah: Svagatam, traveler! Welcome to Bhujerba. I am a parijanah, a guide to our fair city. You would go to the Marquis’s estate? Very well. Go up this slope to Travica Way, and from there, go north until you reach it, bhadra.

Bhujerban Sainikah: Kah? A Resistance against the Empire? Cloudspit! Bhujerba’s relations with Archades are nothing if not cordial. No Resistance exists. It cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment