Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Eruyt Village

[The scene changes again. The party walks back into Eruyt, Fran and Mjrn side-by-side, chatting with each other. Jote is waiting for them.]
Jote: I heard the Wood’s whispers. Take it.
[One of the viera beside her approaches the party, presenting them with a glowing pendant, which Vaan takes.]
Jote: Lente’s Tear is a permission. Pass through the Wood and leave. To other places go.
Mjrn: That cannot be all! I saw it when I left the village! Ivalice is changing! How can the viera stand and do nothing at all?
Jote: Ivalice is for the humes. The Wood alone is for us.
Mjrn: But that is wrong! How can we just hide here in the trees when all the world outside is on the move! I, too, wish to live freely - to leave this Wood!
Fran: Do not do this. You must remain away from the humes. Stay with the Wood. Live together with the Wood. This is your way.
Mjrn: But Fran - my sister!
Fran: I am no longer of you. I have discarded Wood and village. I won my freedom. Yet my past has been cut away forever. No longer can my ears hear the Green Word. This… solitude, you want, Mjrn?
Mjrn: Sister -
Fran: No, Mjrn. Only one sister remains to you now. You must forget my existence.
[Mjrn looks at Fran, hurt, and then runs away.]
Jote: I am sorry to make you do this.
Fran: She goes against the laws of the Wood. I threw down these laws. It is better that I do this. Better I than one who must uphold these laws herself.
[Jote nods to her two attendant viera to leave. She and Fran are left alone.]
Fran: I have a request: Listen to the Wood’s voice for me. I fear - I fear She hates.
[Jote takes a moment to commune with the Wood, then announces her findings.]
Jote: The Wood longs for you. For the child gone from under Her boughs.
Fran: A pleasant lie, that.
[Fran turns to walk away, but Jote’s next words stop her.]
Jote: Be cautious. The Wood is jealous of the humes who have taken you.
Fran: I am as them, now. Am I not? Good-bye, sister.
[You obtain Lente’s Tear!]

No comments:

Post a Comment