Sunday, December 15, 2013

Site 2 & Shaft Entry

Lamont: This is what I came here to see.
Vaan: What’s that?
Lamont: It’s nethicite. Manufacted nethicite.
Vaan: Nethicite?
Lamont: Unlike regular magicite, nethicite absorbs magickal energy. This is the fruit of research into the manufacture of nethicite. All at the hands of the Draklor Laboratory.
[Balthier perks up at the mention of Draklor.]
Lamont: So this is where they’re getting the magicite.
Balthier: Errand all attended to, then?
Lamont: Thank you. I’ll repay you shortly.
[Balthier approaches Lamont and corners him against the wall.]
Balthier: No, you’ll repay us now. We have too much on our hands to go on holding yours. So where did you hear this fairy tale about “nethicite”? And where did you get that sample you carry? What do you know about the Draklor Laboratories? Tell me: who are you?
Vaan: Balthier –
Ba’Gamnan: You kept us waiting, Balthier!
[The party turns to see Ba'Gamnan and his henchman walk into the cavern, armed.]
Ba’Gamnan: You slipped away in Nalbina. We missed you! First the Judge, and now this boy. The whole affair has the smell of money. I may have to wet my beak a little.
Balthier: Keep your snout in the trough where it belongs. This thinking ill befits you, Ba’Gamnan.
Ba’Gamnan: Balthier! Too long have I gone unpaid! I’ll carve my bounty out of that boy!
Vaan: Where’s Penelo? We’re taking her back!
Ba’Gamnan: The girl? Why keep the bait when you’ve landed the fish? We cut her loose on the way here and then off she ran, crying like a babe!
[While Ba'Gamnan is bragging, Lamont throws the stone in his hands at him. Ba'Gamnan stumbles in shock while Lamont bolts. The rest of the party takes the opportunity to follow Lamont. Ba'Gamnan orders his henchmen after them as he picks himself up.]
Shaft Entry
Fran: It would not seem they follow. We’ve lost them.

Balthier: Much more running about with bangaa at my heels… and I’m apt to give up sky pirating altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment