Thursday, December 12, 2013

East End & Migelo's Task

East End

Rabanastran (guy in green and brown shorts walking the bridge): You getting into trouble with the Imperials again, Vaan? Well, try and be careful. If not for your own sake, then for Migelo and Penelo, okay?

[If you approach the bazaar entrance…]

Vaan: I should probably make myself scarce right about now.


Lonely Boy: There sure are a lot of Imperials out today. They think they’re so great, but I hate ‘em.

Rabanastran (little boy): Hey, mister. You wanna hear about the history of Rabanastre? It won’t cost ya much… What? I gotta eat, too, ya know. Let’s see… 1 gil oughta do it.
Sure, let’s hear it.
Okay, so two years back, Rabanastre lost the war with the Empire. That’s when all the guards came and made us live under the city. The Empire has one person who runs the city and everything. He’s called a consul. The new consul’s comin’ today, that’s why there’s so many guards. Kind of short, huh… Don’t worry, I’ll try and find some new things to add for next time!
No, thanks.
Hmph, you’re no fun.
Rabanastran (woman in pink and tan pacing about): You can cut the tension with a knife out here on the streets today. Guards at every corner… I can hardly stand it. If anyone asks, I said nothing. Nothing. Understood?

Rabanastran (blue seeq pacing about): That Migelo’s made quite a name for himself, what with that sundries shop of his and all. There’s one bangaa a fella could take after.

Rabanastran (tan bangaa pacing about): I was just down at Migelo’s Sundries… that Migelo’s comin’ and goin’ so, I’m half afraid he’s gonna wear the door off its hinges!

Vexed Father: They’ve closed all the stairs to Lowtown. Can you believe that? I don’t care how important today is, this is absurd!

Imperial (near the Lowtown entrance): No traffic in or out of Lowtown until the Lord Consul’s assumed his post. No exceptions.

Wistful Bangaa: Only been two years since Princess Ashe took her own life, but it seems like Rabanastre’s been in the Empire forever… uh, not that I’m complainin’.

Rabanastran (man in brown pants and hat): It’s sweltering, even here in the shade. Maybe I’ll head up to the Sandsea and get something to drink.

Imperial (talking to two civilians): Step back. Now! I haven’t finished interrogating these two yet.

Yugri’s Magicks (sign): Parties interested in the working of magicks, inquire within. Those seeking disquisition on the concoction of love philtres, look elsewhere.

[If you try to enter any shops or leave east end any other way than the bazaar entrance…]

Vaan: I really should go see Migelo first.


Johm: Oh, Vaan, how ya doin’? Lots of people out today. Thought I may try out some of those “tricks” you showed me, heh heh.

Rabanastran (blue seeq pacing in front of Sandsea): Innocently walkin’ past the Sandsea I was, when a sudden thirst seized me. But I ain’t a-goin’ in! Got to save my gil…

Penelo: Migelo seemed like he was in a hurry. He’s probably still at the shop… better not keep him waiting too long.

Batahn’s Technicks (sign): Technicks for all occasions! For the discerning warrior who trusts his own body and mind rather than a smithy’s lifeless steel.

Rabanastran (man in green and brown shorts by Panamis’s): Migelo? Feting the new consul? Migelo this, Migelo that… it’s all I ever hear these days.

Panamis’s Protectives (sign): Peace of body and mind – that’s what you get when you buy quality armor. Step inside, and allow us to outfit you from head to toe.

Town Gossip: There’s a nervous energy running through the whole city today. With the new consul coming, I suppose it’s to be expected.

Amal’s Weaponry (sign): In the market for a weapon? Look no further! Whether novice or knight, Amal knows just what you need… even if you don’t!

Bucco: Everyone sure seems busy today. You, Kytes, Penelo… Me? Don’t worry, I’ve got my own work to keep me busy. Heh heh. I’m gonna be so rich that – I know! I’ll be rich enough to buy an airship! You can ride it anytime you want, Vaan!



Migelo: Ah, Vaan, I was waiting.

Vaan: Penelo said you needed something?

Migelo: Ah! Had me some packages supposed to be arriving by courier in the morning. Perhaps he ran into some trouble out in the desert. Now I’ve no foodstuffs to prepare for the banquet tonight!

Vaan: So you want me to find this courier? Hey, no problem!

Migelo: No problem? The desert teems with trouble. I’d be sending you to an early grave, m’boy. No, I’ve arranged for some replacement goods from Tomaj over at the Sandsea.

Vaan: So, you want me to go to the tavern to pick ‘em up.

Migelo: Actually, I asked Kytes to do that. Wouldn’t you know he’s gone missing on me, too. Bah. I can’t leave my shop and I’ve Penelo on another chore at the moment, you see. I want you to run over to the Sandsea and fetch Kytes back! What do you say?

Vaan: (clearly dispirited) Sounds wild.

Migelo: It’s easy work, and you’ll thank me for it someday.



Rabanastran (tan seeq): Came to the East End to do some shopping… But there are so many shops, I don’t know where to begin.

Rabanastran (black bangaa chatting with seeq): My friend here says there are 14,264 cobblestones in the Southern Plaza ‘round the corner, not including the tiles in the fountain. But even with the stones by the city gates… ‘Course, he could be countin’ the flagstones, too. That would be another matter altogether.

Imperial: Do anything suspicious, we’ll lock you up so fast your head’ll spin. Don’t think we’ll let you off ‘cause you’re young, neither.

[If you go to leave for the Southern Plaza...]

Rabanastran (the tan seeq): None of my business, I know, but Migelo did ask you to go to the Sandsea, didn’t he? It’s just that it’s not that way, so… Oh, never mind me.

[You're free to leave for the Southern Plaza after this.]

Migelo’s Sundries (sign): Newly refurbished and open for business! Everything’s changed… except our low prices!

Rabanastran (man in green shorts by Panamis’s): Been some time since I was last in the Sandsea. Say hello to Tomaj for me, would you?

Rabanastran (blue seeq pacing near market entrance): Couple of guards were after someone, but looks like they gave up and went back to their post. Mebbe the parade’s startin’ soon?

Rabanastran (woman leaning against column by market entrance): Watch your purse if you’re headed down to the bazaar. The place is thick with thieves. I suppose you know all about that, though. Ha ha.

Penelo: Migelo sent you over to the Sandsea, did he? Well, at least you don’t have far to go!

Previous: Muthru Bazaar, 706 O.V.
Next: Amal's Weaponry | Panamis's Protectives | Yugri's Magicks | Batahn's Technicks | Southern Plaza | Muthru Bazaar | North End | Yamoora's Gambits | The Sandsea & The Rogue Tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment