Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dalmasca Westersand - Western Divide

[Open again on the desert, where the Strahl, floating above the party, suddenly becomes invisible. Vaan and Penelo look on with great interest.]
Ashe: This “come in handy” often?
Balthier: It’s tough being popular. Wouldn’t want admirers dropping in while we’re away. [to all] Well then, that’s as far as she goes. We’ll be in jagd from here onwards.
Ashe: Across the sandsea, to the Valley of the Dead. And to King Raithwall’s tomb below.
[In the background, Vaan is explaining something to Penelo. Balthier, Fran, and Ashe turn their attention to them with some interest.]
Vaan: So when you’re in jagd, skystones don’t work at all. That’s why we gotta hoof it the rest of the way, ya see?
Penelo: Happy you get to teach me something for a change?
Vaan: Well, if you wanna be a sky pirate, you have to know your – Hey! What do you mean, “for a change”?
Balthier: [aside] At least we thought to bring entertainment.
[Ashe puts her forehead in her hand exasperatedly.]
Wayward Bangaa: (sigh) I’m about at the end of my rope. I was crossin’ the desert makin’ for Rabanastre, when a sandstorm hit. Got all turned around. Which way you headed?
>Out west.
West, eh? Out to the Yensan Sandsea? That ain’t this way. Better turn yourself around. For that matter, maybe you oughta rethink headin’ west at all. The Sandsea makes the desert look like a sandbox. Easy to lose your way.
>Back east.
If you’re goin’ east, you must be headed for Rabanastre. I’d love to join you, but I’m too exhausted to think about it right now. I tell ya, I had a time gettin’ here. Didn’t know where I was or where I was goin’. You get caught in a sandstorm, you be careful.
Desert Merchant/Imabakk: Nearly lost my tail to a trap once. Ever since, I been sure to use Libra to spot any traps good and early. Told that to my pal here, he says, “Oh, you can float right over traps without setting them off.” Never thought of that…
Desert Merchant/Lohen: Don’t let the desert sun get the best of you. If you’re low on supplies, now’s the time to stock up. [shop menu] If you’re westward bound, travel lightly, boy. Not all the races you’ll meet in the Sandsea are the civilized variety. And mind the weather. Nice, clear days, the elementals come out in droves. Don’t want my customers dying… bad for business!

Nono: Don’t you worry about the Strahl, kupo. I’ll keep an eye on her. No, wait! Both eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment