Sunday, December 22, 2013

03. Dalmasca's Desert Bloom

Flowering Cactoid (Rare Cactoid)
Petitioner: Dantro (Dalmasca Estersand)
  • Saw bill posted for the hunting of a flowering cactoid (Rank I). The petitioner is Dantro at a camp in the Dalmasca Estersand.
  • Hunt accepted. Dantro wants the rare bloom from the head of a flowering cactoid. The flowering cactoid is to be found in the Yardang Labyrinth in the Dalmasca Estersand.
  • Flowering cactoid defeated, and cactus flower claimed! Report to Dantro at the camp in the Dalmasca Estersand.
  • Hunt reported. Now what to do with the flower?
Bill
A spiteful beast threatens desert travelers, and now fixes its gaze upon our humble camp. We can ignore this threat no longer! Hunters, to arms!
Related Dialogue & Scenes
Dantro [after agreeing to speak to petitioner]: You’re here about the bill I posted? That’s the first good news I’ve had all day! So, you’ll hunt this flowering cactoid for me?
>Accept
That’s what I wanted to hear! So, let’s tell you what you need to know. You probably saw some creatures that look like cactuses on your way here from Rabanastre. Speak of the devil…
[The camera switches to two cactoids who have appeared on the nearby ledge.]
You’ve seen ‘em before, right? Mostly they keep to themselves. Mostly.
[Back to Dantro.]
But every now and then a different sort of cactoid comes along, has a flower on its head. They’re the troublemakers. Smarter than your average cactoid, and they have a taste for blood. Can’t count how many times they’ve attacked the outpost. But they don’t dare attack while I’m on watch. They tried that once, learned their lesson. Look, there it is now.
[Now the camera zooms in on the cliff above, where a troupe of cactoids have appeared, one with a pink blossom on its head.]
The flowering cactoid’s the one up front. Look at it there, mocking us…
[Back to Dantro, and the seeq talking to him runs to the cliff to yell at the cactoids.]
They did a number on this poor seeq’s belongings, too. Needles everywhere… I’d hunt it down myself, but I’m stuck here on watch. I asked a passing merchant to submit the bill for me, and that’s where you come into the story. The flowering cactoid’s been lurking out in the Yardang Labyrinth. Do us all a favor and hunt it down for me!
Oh, and when you kill it, don’t forget to take the flower! The apothecaries can make a potent salve from its petals.
>Decline
Then why are you botherin’ me? Bad enough my replacement still isn’t here. I don’t need people wastin’ my time.
Dantro [after accepting the hunt]: That flowering cactoid’s been raiding the outpost. It’s always one step ahead of us… It’s been lurking out in the Yardang Labyrinth. Do us all a favor and hunt it down for me! And when you kill it, don’t forget to take the flower. The apothecaries can make a potent salve from its petals.
[After defeating the Flowering Cactoid…]
[You obtain a Cactus Flower!]
Dantro [after defeating the Flowering Cactoid]: That’s a cactus flower! Wish I could’ve been there when you put that overgrown cactus in its place. Here’s your bounty. I know it’s not much, but it’s the best I could do. Thanks for your help!
[Dalmasca’s Desert Bloom
500 gil
Potion x10]
Dantro (x2): Think I can ask you to do one last thing for me? That cactus flower… would you take that to my wife for me? She’s in the village north of here. She’s been tending to a sick traveler found near the village, and I think she might be able to prepare some medicine from that flower. The village is on the south bank of the Nebra. Oh, and tell them to send someone to relieve me while you’re there!
[For more on this side story, see “Patient in the Desert” and “Cactuar Family” under the “Side Quests” section.]

No comments:

Post a Comment