Monday, December 23, 2013

Nalbina Town

Nalbina Town

Jajim Bazaar
Itinerant Hand (black bangaa in red vest with tattoos): A lot of Imperials buy keepsakes here before heading home. The viera crafts are particularly popular. ‘Course, the seeq in back makes ‘em. Heh.
Itinerant Hand (light blue seeq sitting on ground): Come to help fortify the fortress? You shouldn’t have it too bad. They save the easy jobs for the humes. Me? I get sent off to do the heavy lifting. Those Imperials think the rest of us are to be used as tools, nothing more. Nice, eh?
Merchant: Nestled as it is on the border of Nabradia and Dalmasca, Nalbina was always bustling with trade between the two. These days it’s more fortress than town. At least it’s still here, though. Our home of Nabudis was wiped from the land, leaving naught but a necrohol of fiends behind.
Itinerant Hand (man in reddish brown pants talking with merchants): Them Archadians were all talking, and they didn’t look happy. Heard something about the Leviathan and her 8th Fleet goin’ down! Took some important Judge down with it, too, from the sounds of it. Heh. Serves ‘em right.
West Ward
Imperial (interrogating man off to the side): You report any shops you see selling stolen goods, son. Can you believe I’m here doing this, every day? There I was part of the Western Armada, glorious! Victorious! This war better start soon. I want to be a shield for the homeland, and a sword, striking down those Rozarrian barbarians!
Stonemason? (seeq) (if you catch him by himself): I heard a rumor that someone escaped from the dungeons here, but it weren’t my friend. See, I’m not really a stonemason. I came with my buddy to get a friend out of the dungeons… Maybe if he comes out on forced labor we’ll get to see ‘im. That’d be nice.
Imperial?: Hey, don’t be fooled by appearances… I ain’t no Imperial. This armor belongs to this guy next to me. He puts it on me so he can loaf off! It’s hot, it’s heavy… Okay, so it’s tough being an Imperial, I get it. Come to think of it, those Judges wear armor, too, but they don’t complain… ‘Less they’re saying it real quiet-like behind those scary masks of theirs.
Merchant: Sold a box to an Imperial the other day. Heard he took it with ‘im on some Leviathingy… then that up and disappeared! Wonder where it went to.
Stonemason? (hume) (if you catch him by himself): I came here with my seeq buddy to spring a friend out of the dungeons… but my stupid buddy got mistaken for a stonemason, so here we are… ‘Course, we started getting good at the work, and now the foreman thinks we’re some elite crew… What’re we doing!?
Aerodrome
Imperial: Here to work on the fortress? A word to the wise: complain overmuch and you’ll be thrown in the dungeons, from which there can be no escape! …Huh? You heard of someone escaping? Bah! Nonsense!
Itinerant Hand (hume man with group): We’re here working on the fortress walls, but it’s torture in this heat… That’s why we’re negotiating for better pay! They say that any who complain’ll be sent to the dungeons, but that’s a bluff. They’re in a hurry – they need all the hands they can get!
Shy Bangaa: …I’m here, watchin’ these goods. For hours. You know, I just noticed, a lot of these Imperials are armed! Yeah, observant, right? That’s my job.
Homebound Man: I hear conditions in Rabanastre have improved while I’ve been here in Nalbina. Must be on account of that new consul.
Itinerant Hand (black bangaa): I’m headed to that port in the east, where the sky pirates gather. Once I’ve earned me a ‘ship, I’ll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment