Monday, December 23, 2013

Cloudborne Row & The Cloudborne

Cloudborne Row
Cloudborne Kid: My sister works at the Cloudborne, though she is no bar-wench, but the taverner. Very busy, very strict. Best not to trouble her, no. Especially now that her man, Havharo, is so busy. Yes, no time for my sister, none at all. We shall see how much time she has for him later, yes?
Bhujerban Sainkah: So many travelers, so many draughts of win. Those from Archades fall into their cups the swiftest, I find. Haa… the burdens of Empire…
Archadian Wayfarer: How many cups have I drunk? Sweet Bhujerban Madhu, I am yours! Once I thought the world revolved around Archades, but now I know… It spins around ME! (hic)
Cloudborne Patron (light blue seeq): I’m tryin’ to get me friend here to join me for a drink. We’re one step away from goin’ in… it’s just that this step seems to be takin’ a while.
Bhujerban Guru: I have not seen Havharo for many days now. Does he no longer come to the Cloudborne? I worry for Melisa. She did seem quite fond of him.
Lhusu Miner: The Lhusu Mines have been quiet for a time. I hear much talk of raksas running wild, and broken machinery. No talk of the truth.
Cloudborne Resident (tan bangaa in green vest):  Even were there a resistance welling in Bhujerba, who would be fool enough to speak of it? Anyone could be a spy for the Empire… even you!
Archadian Wayfarer: I came here to see the Lhusu Mines, yet the locals here speak of some monstrosities running amok… I had so wanted to see natural magicite! (sigh)
City Parijanah: The Marquis prepares the Resistance out in the marches. I ask that you do nothing to interfere with our plans. Are we understood, bhadra?
Cloudborne Resident (woman talking with bangaa and seeq): Marquis Ondore has left his post due to illness… I pray for his Excellency’s swift recovery. He is the only one who might stand against the Empire!
Cloudborne Resident (man sitting on crate talking to moogle): My merchant friend tells me arms and munitions sell quite well these days, yet it is not the Empire which buys them. Does another army form?
Cloudborne Resident (light blue seeq): You take care in the Cloudborne. The folks in there, they’d do anything to keep their little organization a secret. Anything.
The Cloudborne
City Parijanah (talking to woman at table): Though I should not say this too loudly, the day I leave to join the Resistance fleet is nigh. I would have an answer of my love before then!
Shop Clerk (moogle with green pom-pom): We get customers from all over Ivalice in here, kupo! Oh, the Bhujerban Madhu is a pow’rful draw! And… our customers get pow’rful drunk.
Cloudborne Patron (woman sitting at table with two others): The Marquis is gone from Bhujerba, have you heard? They say he is on the mend from some illness, but I believe there is more to it.
Cloudborne Patron (moogle with yellow pom-pom): Think it strange to see a moogle drinking? Well, I’ll have you know that the spirits where I come from are ten times as strong as Bhujerban Madhu! Show me a moogle in his cups from drinking this hume-brew and I’ll show you a lightweight! I mean… a lighter weight, kupo!
City Parijanah (talking to red bangaa): Here I sit, pretending to drink off duty, while, in reality, I pass notes to others in the Resistance, you see. The drunken bangaa is my comrade. He, too, merely acts as though he were in his cups. I think.
Melisa: Haa. Hello again. Havharo? He’s not here. Why, I’d say he’s off in the sky with the Marquis by now…
City Parijanah (with blue jacket): Even the poorest man may earn a title for himself in the Imperial army, if he is able. So are the soldiers enthusiastic, and the officers skilled.
Cloudborne Patron (leaning on bar, talking to woman): The Leviathan and her fleet destroyed? I cannot believe this, bhadra. Yet, even were it true, the Empire has many more fleets. I have heard their 1st Fleet, in particular, cannot be defeated!
Timorous Bangaa: Hrrm? Oh, it’s you. Sounds like you’ve been puttin’ it to the Empire, eh? Sorry if I came across a little gruff before.

No comments:

Post a Comment