Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Rabanastre

Aerodrome


Flights to Bhujerba: Good day, sir. This counter serves travelers wishing to book passage to Bhujerba. We have ships fitted with shops and amenities, or if you prefer to sleep during your journey, ships with only private cabins. Whichever you choose, the price is the same. We will show you aboard as soon as you’ve purchased your ticket. Passage is 200 Gil. How would you like to travel?
>By leisure craft.

Thank you, sir. Enjoy your flight.
>By private cabin.
>I’ve changed my mind.

Do come again.
Bhujerban (man leaning against counter): Have you come to book passage on an airship, friend? Each counter serves a different destination. Pay your fare there. If a given counter is empty, that route is not currently in service, but give it some time and it should open again.
Southern Plaza
Rabanastran (boy in blue by westgate): Hey, Vaan. Penelo’s with you now, right? Phew! What a relief! I know we can count on you to keep her safe, no matter what happens!
Rabanastran (kid walking on south side of fountain): I was so worried about Penelo, I couldn’t even work. But thanks to you, everything’s back to normal again! Heh, heh.
Rabanastran (boy squatting against the wall by East End exit): I heard all about how you saved Penelo, Vaan. You’re practically a hero!
East End
Bucco: What’s that? Penelo’s with you? Phew! I guess all that talk about her bein’ kidnapped was just talk. I was worried for nothin’.
Migelo’s Sundries
Rabanastran (woman in pink and blue headscarf and top): I’ve heard the Imperial Fleet was gathering near Bhujerba. Do you think they were spying on Dorstonis?
Rabanastran (man talking to red bangaa): Migelo had been sulking about for a while, but he finally seems to have cheered up. Not sure why, but I’m not complaining.
Migelo: Ah, Penelo! You’re all right! Those sky pirates got you tangled up in some nasty business. [Penelo looks as though she has something to say; the scene fades out and back in] What!? Don’t tell me you’re off running about with those sky pirates, too! Vaan I can understand, but you, Penelo? …Ah, I see. I suppose I have been a bit over protective of you. It’s time you made your own decisions, your own mistakes. Do as you feel you must. Whatever trouble you might get yourselves into will only make you stronger, I’m sure. Yes, yes. [Vaan and Penelo look overjoyed] When you want to come back, you’ve only – No, no, you go about your adventures until you decide for yourselves it’s time. And until then, don’t worry yourselves about the shop or any of your friends. Just leave all that to Migelo, you hear? Now that that’s decided, we should get down to business. If you’ll be traveling, you’ll be needing sundries, yes? Well, sundries we have!
Migelo (x2): Keeping busy, are you, Vaan? You needn’t worry yourself about the store. I won’t be closing just because you aren’t around. No, there are plenty of other hard-working youths to pick up your slack. Off with you now! We’ll be here when you get back.
Yugri’s Magicks
Sotted Imperial: What’re you starin’ at? Come to have a good laugh, have you? Blast that rumor… The whole bloomin’ town’s talkin’ about it… But they’ve got it all wrong. I was given orders to stand watch at this shop. That’s why I don’t get over to the Sandsea as much as before, right?
The Sandsea
Tavernmaster: That Imperial’s finally left the place… and good riddance! Can finally get some peace ‘round here. That’s what people come to the Sandsea for!

Barkeep (woman on balcony): We won’t be seeing those Imperials around here anymore. The Consul’s implemented a new policy to see the watch behave as they’re meant to. I don’t think any policy will help that one Imperial, though. I hear he’s off hiding somewhere, in his cups as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment