Monday, December 23, 2013

North Sprawl

North Sprawl
Laughing Seeq: Word on the street is Vayne’s gone back to Archadia. Word has a way of travelin’ fast, but then, words ain’t nothin’ but wind. 

Balzac: Sorry, but I can’t let you back inside. Outsiders such as yourselves would only be in the way.
Rabanastran (blue seeq sitting beside child): Them sluice gates down in the Garamsythe Waterway got some special device what controls ‘em. Drain the water off, you can walk the waterway into deep places you couldn’t reach otherwise. Couldn’t figure out how to work it all, m’self.
Dalmascan Patriot: The village in the Estersand is one of the few places we can go to escape the burdens of the city. I find the peace and quiet refreshing.
Cynical Boy: Plenty of people out there are happy, so long as there isn’t a war. Well, if this is peace, I don’t see what’s so great about it.
Kytes: Hey, Vaan. Haven’t seen you around much lately. Workin’ on somethin’ big? Can’t wait to hear more about it! You don’t have to worry about me and the others. I’ll watch after everybody.
Fussbudget: No fair… She said she had a dream she saw Princess Ashe. How come I never have dreams about the Princess?
Rabanastran (sitting next to black bangaa outside Storehouse 5): I hear there’s a stair down to the sewers through Migelo’s storehouse, but you shouldn’t poke around down there. It’s dangerous, boy.
Northon: Watchin’ Filo and her friends play at pirates reminds me of when I was a kid. We’d run around pretendin’ we were real sky pirates – had a secret hideout and everything. Things were so much simpler back then.
Watchful Seeq: I can’t let my eyes off this poor fellow for one minute. Little while ago he got himself all worked up over his son, went runnin’ off into a wall.
Impoverished Man: Everything I owned was confiscated after the war. Now I’m forced to live out my miserable days here. Suffering here because of the Empire, I feel I’m more of a Dalmascan than I ever was before. Ironic, don’t you think?
[For Milha and related dialogue, see “” in the Clan Primer section.]
Deadbeat: Lowtown… yeah, I like Lowtown. You got your South Sprawl in the… where’s the South Sprawl? Just let me lie here and think…
Angry Woman: Don’t you find it strange that the Empire lets us lead such normal lives? With the exception of living in this dungeon, of course. Are they waiting to use us in some sinister plot? Are we tools of the Empire? Are we their hostages? Just who do they think they are?
Well-spoken Boy: I’ve heard a rumor that the Imperial fleet was destroyed, but it’s hard to be happy about it. Think of all the poor people who must’ve died.
Vexed Father: I’ve told her a thousand times not to play outside, that it’s dangerous, but she goes anyway… To be honest, some of the places she’s been, I’m a little surprised. She made it to the Salikawood the other day. Said there were moogles there. Heh.
Furious Bangaa: Grrah! That son of a cockatrice! Who!? Vayne, that’s who! Know of anyone else gone runnin’ back to Archades with his tail between his legs? You know why he’s left, don’t you? Too scared to stay and face us, that’s why! Well, what can you expect from these Imperial pretty boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment