Monday, December 16, 2013

The Cloudborne

Ondore’s Attendant: His Excellency the Marquis will meet with you shortly, bhadra. Please, make what preparations you must and go to the estate. You will find it at the northern end of Travica Way.
Timorous Bangaa: That Havharo… I don’t get ‘im. If it’s been me, I’d’ve gutted you and hung you out to dry, not let you out swimmin’ all over town. You keep quiet ‘bout what you seen in here, friend.
City Parijanah (talking to Ondore’s attendant): If it is directions you seek, bhadra, ask another parijanah. I am off duty. …Have you met with His Excellency? One can only hope he convinced you of the need for showing restraint on Bhujerba’s streets.
Melisa: Haa. Hello there, boy. Quite the performance back there. Do not think for a moment that all of us accept you. And watch what you say outside.
City Parijanah (talking to Melisa): A resistance, bhadra? Ah ha ha! How could such a thing exist in Bhujerba? We have always been neutral with regard to Archadia’s wars. If anyone asks you, I should hope you would say the same.
City Parijanah (talking to red bangaa): I am sorry, but I am off duty, you see. Hah! I have fooled you, bhadra! No, I am merely pretending to be a drunkard. I wait here to pass messages to those in the organization from other regions, you see.
Cloudborne Patron (moogle with yellow pom-pom): What’s wrong with a moogle wetting his throat, kupo? I may look small, but I’m more grown-up ‘n you! I know thots o’ lings! Er… lots o’ things!
Magu: Harrum? Melisa call for me? Haa… she didn’t? Then don’t give me a scare like that. (snort)

Cloudborne Patron (man sitting at table with woman): It was hard to relax and enjoy a cup back in Rabanastre with all them Imperials about. Here, I can drink all I like… to Bhujerba, and freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment