Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Paramina Rift

Fading Vale
Kiltias (on left): Beyond this rift you’ll find the holy mountain. Take each step one at a time, and you shall reach your destination.
Kiltias (on right): Mt. Bur-Omisace is to the northeast. Should you go south you’ll enter the rift… take care. Gods guide your path. Faram.
Refugee (talking with seeq): The Kiltias of Mt. Bur-Omisace took us in and treated us warmly. Thanks to their aid I’m well enough to return home now.
Refugee (blue seeq): When newcomers what can’t walk on their own arrive, I carry them up the mountain. I’m glad to help the Kiltias, any way I can.
Freezing Gorge

(As the party climbs the mountain, they see the refugees also make their way to Mt. Bur-Omisace.)
Balthier: Empires parade down city streets, while refugees walk barefoot through the snow.
Larsa: And so I sue for peace to stop short war and ease their suffering. My father will choose peace.
Balthier: Will he now? You sound sure of yourself. You can never know another, even your father.
[Balthier and others walk away; Vaan is left with Larsa.]
Vaan: Don’t take it the wrong way, okay?
[Larsa doesn’t respond.]
[Scene changes to Emperor’s audience room in Archadia.]
Vayne: This crisis would not end were I gone. The Senate hates the very fact that House Solidor exists. By necessity, we must find reason to silence them.
Gramis: Necessity? Ah yes, necessity. Does that word free you, I wonder? You show no hesitation to solve matters with blood.
Vayne: The sword of House Solidor cannot be left to rust in doubt. It was you, Excellency, who tempered that sword.
Gramis: Is this your idea of vengeance?
Vayne: It is my idea of necessity.
[Gramis grumbles frustratedly.]
Vayne: If we do not act now, it is not only our future you imperil.
Gramis: So you would dirty your hands, to keep his clean?
Vayne: My hands are stained with blood. I see little reason to stay them now.
Gramis: So they are. And so House Solidor lives on.
[Back to the party at Paramina Rift.]

No comments:

Post a Comment