Friday, December 13, 2013

Southern Plaza

Desert Merchant: I made it in from the Estersand just before they closed the gates, but my friend was stopped before he could get through. Could you take him something for me?
Sure, no problem.
Excellent. You should find him just outside the east gate – a bangaa, like myself. And don’t go sellin’ that to pocket the gil for yourself, y’hear?
[You obtain a Small Package!]
No, I don’t think so.
Hrulph...

Desert Merchant (x2): My friend’s just outside the east gate. Can’t miss ‘im.



(An Imperial stops Vaan as he approaches the gate.)
Imperial: You there! Let’s see some papers, boy. No public passage on account of the Lord Consul’s parade.

Vaan: Oh, gee, that’s too bad. You see, it just so happens that your provisioner for the fete tonight… he sent me to pick up a few choice morsels for the, uh, Consul’s dining pleasure. He wants ‘em quick. I got the writ of transit right here. See? (brandishing the Writ of Transit) Signed: Migelo. I’d just hate to see the Consul upset because his food wasn’t ready on time. And I’d sure hate to see him take it out on you.
Imperial: (indignantly) The Lord Consul is a great man… and not one to take offense at such trifling… matters…

(The Imperial looks to the other soldiers, who have gathered around him, as if seeking approval.)

Imperial: Move along, boy. Wouldn’t do to keep the Consul waiting. Right! Gates are closed after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment