Friday, December 6, 2013

New Bodhum 003 AF Part 3

Objective: Search for an artifact
Noel: Give me a chance and I’ll prove that it’s true.
Noel: I’ll answer as best I can.
Live Trigger: Noel wants to search for an ‘artefact’ to open a ‘gate’. Maybe I should find out more…
: “What’s with the moogle?”
Serah: Is this really a moogle?
Noel: He sure looks like one, but to be honest, I really don’t know. Lightning just called him a ‘good luck charm.’
Serah: I remember that part. That’s what she said in the dream I had.
Noel: You saw the future? But that means…
O: “What’s this ‘gate’?”
Serah: Okay, so what’s this gate all about?
Noel: It’s a time portal – they appear when the timelines are out of synch. But apparently not just anyone can pass through them.
Serah: And that’s where the artefacts come in?
Noel: Right. We use the artifact to attune the portal, thereby activating it.     At least, that’s what they say.
X: “A world without Cocoon?”
Serah: So Cocoon only existed in the past for you, is that right?
Noel: Uh-huh. I… hmm, that’s odd.
Serah: What’s wrong?
Noel: Nothing. It’s probably nothing. The history books say Cocoon existed in the past. But my memory’s playing tricks. What’s going on?
: “How do you know Lightning?”
Serah: How do you know Lightning?
Noel: I met her for the first time in Valhalla. I thought I was done for, and when I called the goddess’s name, she appeared. Is your sister some sort of deity?
Serah: Of course not. She became a l’Cie and turned to crystal. She did it to protect Cocoon.
Noel: So, the Lightning I met in Valhalla is someone else then?
(Talk to Lebreau.)
Lebreau: Y’know, I was thinking, if Noel here really is from the future, he must be pretty curious about this time period.
Serah: That’s true. We should probably explain a few things.
Noel: I’m all ears.
Lebreau: We were all born and raised on Cocoon. But three years ago, our home     basically fell out of the sky. We couldn’t rely on the broken fal’Cie anymore, so most of us made the decision to move to Pulse.
Noel: Weren’t there millions of people living on Cocoon? It must have been pretty cramped.
Lebreau: Well, it was. But on Pulse we had to deal with new hardships, like vicious monsters and a lack of provisions.
Noel: Sounds like a rough time.
Lebreau: Yeah. But eventually things settled down and some former military types helped get things organized. Now there’s a growing town at the base of Cocoon’s pillar. The guys who used to be in charge are long gone.
Noel: How did you end up in this place, then?
Lebreau: Our leader, Snow, suggested we live somewhere near the ocean. We used to live in a seaside town on Cocoon, so it was like we were rebuilding our home. Snow and the rest of us were used to fighting monsters and getting our hands dirty. So we pretty much settled back into our old way of life.
Serah: Snow’s not around right now, so we do the best we can. But if Lightning were back, everything would be so much better.
Noel: So for everyone here, your sister being gone is the reality. Odd.
Lebreau (x2): How about it, future boy? Do you want a quick history lesson?
Hear the explanation again?
Yes
(Same explanation)
No
Lebreau: I know people have changed since we came down to Pulse. But some folks have even learned to use magic, like our Serah.
Lebreau: Did you hear? The provisional government is planning on building an elevator to run up Cocoon’s pillar.
Lebreau: The people still living on Cocoon are having a hard time of it. Not enough power or produce to go around without the help of the fal’Cie.
Lebreau: I can’t believe you’ve never heard of any of this stuff before. I have to tell you, Noel, you really are out of touch with the present.
The seafood is amazing, it’s just a great place to live.
Gadot really knows how to work people.
I need to start practicing for my show.
Great place for a break.
The next leader’s gotta be Gadot or Yuj.
What was Gadot up to so early in the morning?
It’s already been three years since I moved here.
I should just sneak away and get in some band practice.
Ugh, he’s the worst!
Ugh, Mark. I don’t know what he’s thinking.
I had nightmares about ghosts.
Last night was crazy.
Hey, hey!
I miss the fireworks of old Bodhum.
I leave town for a few days, and this is what I come back to?
I saw him carrying a knife, yeah. What was he up to?
He makes me so mad sometimes!
All clear. Nothing to report. No, sir.
I heard a rumor about Cocoon disappearing.
Always rocking the latest look.
What’s wrong?
This town reminds me of Bodhum.
I could really use some hiking boots.
I wish Mom coulda seen this new town.
Okay, let’s get to work!
That Team Maqui is full of weirdos.
I can really use a coffee break once I finish my rounds.
Why was I chosen to get rid of the bees’ nest?
Let’s see some enthusiasm!
I honestly thought we were being attacked by a fal’Cie!
The sentry bots are really useless.
So, how’s Lebreau doing?
Yes?
Was that really a meteorite?
Please let me know if you need anything.
Stay away from the mountain path.
What does ‘kupo’ mean, anyway?
I’m not a morning person.
When I was on Cocoon, I did nothing but watch vidshows.
I wonder how far they’ve gotten in constructing that giant elevator.
Hello!
How about it? Wanna join my band?
Team Yuj looks like they’re having fun.
What should I tell Lily?
If we lose Lebreau, who’s gonna cook us up the NORA special?
Time to take a breather.
The crisis is over…
What a wonderful place.
This is a great place.
Guess what? I just broke up with Mark!
Is it true that Maqui’s shop might be going out of business?
I cannot believe he did that!
Are you hurt?
Why do I have to fix the leaky roof?
I can see Cocoon clear as day.
(Kids)
Where are you going?
Are you okay?
Snow’s airbike is super fast!
Cats like liver, right? I gave Ponta some.
Here it goes!
What is that?
I want Lebreau to teach me to cook!
It’s amazing!
Can I be part of Team Yuj?
Are there moogles in the wild?
I want a moogle, too!
Wait for me!
What is it?
Good morning, Mr. Gadot!
I want someone to teach me how to use magic.
I want to hunt monsters, too…
I saw some strange boy!
Oh, no!
The star fell! I saw it!
Hey, Yuj! Morning!
Serah: Looks like Mog has found something.
Mog: Kupopo!
Noel: Let’s check it out.
(Examine the rocks to your left upon exiting NORA House.)
(Item Acquired! You obtain Lightning’s Knife.)
Serah: What?
Noel: Is that the artefact?
Serah: This is Lightning’s knife. I keep it in my room, but how did it get out here?
(Flashback)
Serah: (to Dahj) Hey, look there.
Serah: Snow!
Snow: Serah!
(Snow and Serah embrace, than Serah takes his hand.)
Serah: C’mon!
Snow: ‘Kay!
(Serah leads Snow forward and looks around, but doesn’t find what she’s looking for. Hope interrupts her.)
Hope: It’s her knife. I found it near the base of the pillar.
(Serah looks at the knife, then at Snow questioningly.)
Snow: Serah, I’m sorry. She must be inside the pillar. Lightning’s holding up Cocoon along with Vanille and Fang.
Serah: Wait, what are you talking about? She was right here a second ago! I saw her. We talked. She gave us her blessing…
Serah: I won’t forget that moment. Lightning was happy – happy that Snow and I were getting married. She laughed, and said ‘Congrats.’ But then, all of a sudden, Lightning disappeared. She was gone, like she was never there to begin with. No one else remembered her smiling and laughing. No one but me.
(End flashback)
Noel: All your friends think your sister is inside that pillar?
Serah: (nods) I was scared. People said I was dreaming. They said… They said I was just making up stories so that I didn’t have to face the truth.
Noel: Listen, Serah. Your memories are the truth. Lightning is alive. The question is why are you the only one who remembers?
Live Trigger: Only I remember Lightning being there on the plain. Why don’t the others?
: “I can see different futures?”
Serah: Perhaps I saw a different future.
Noel: You’re talking about another possibility. A world that might have been.
Serah: Does such a world exist? A place where my sister is still alive?
O: “Because history changed?”
Serah: Well, perhaps history changed, somehow?
Noel: You mean, your memories are true, but history was altered afterwards?
Serah: Of course, that’s not really possible. I know that. But I just don’t understand how I can remember it so clearly, when no one else can.
X: “It’s a message from Lightning?”
Serah: Could it be a message from Lightning?
Noel: You mean, before she became trapped in the crystal, she was able to give you a glimpse of something… Something important.
Serah: But what? What was she trying to tell me?
: “Maybe it was a dream.”
Serah: Perhaps it was just a dream.
Noel: It could be. Or, maybe it’s your friends who are the deluded ones.
Serah: And only I can see the truth?
Serah: Weird. It looks like the knife has been polished.
Noel: Maybe someone was cleaning it out here, and then forgot about it. I don’t think this is our artefact, though. Let’s keep looking.
(Talk to Noel.)
Serah: What is an artifact anyway?
Noel: No one knows. Only that it’s something that ‘doesn’t belong in this time.’
Live Trigger: An artefact is something that ‘doesn’t belong in this time.’ What else can Noel tell me?
: “I don’t get it.”
Serah: I can’t get my head around it. How do we find something that doesn’t belong?
Noel: You’re thinking too hard. We’ll have more luck if we just follow our instincts.
O: “What does one look like?”
Serah: What does it look like? A key or something?
Noel: They can be any shape or size. We just have to check out anything unusual.
X: “Where should we look?”
Serah: Where d’you think we should look?
Noel: Well, this isn’t my native time period… Maybe we should start by asking the locals if they’ve seen anything.
Serah: Good idea. I just hope they don’t think we’re crazy.
: “Who told you about them?”
Serah: Did someone in the future tell you about gates and artefacts?
Noel: Yeah, but… now all I have is memories. I wish I’d thought to ask more questions, while I had the chance.
Noel: These disturbances are all happening in the area around the impact site. I’d say our best bet is to search around the town.


(Talk to the guy at the gate.)
NORA Member: Sorry to tell you, the mountain path is off-limits. Gadot’s orders. We can’t go near the meteorite right now.
Serah: Wait, I remember. Wasn’t there another path along the shore?
Man: Now that you mention it, there is another route along the shore that the surfers use. There’s a path that appears when the tide’s low. You can’t use it right now though.
NORA Member (x2): Some great waves out there, but I’m on duty all day.
NORA Member: When it comes to surf and seafood, Pulse rocks!
NORA Member: You get monster waves this time of year, bigger than anything on Cocoon. You risk your life riding those babies!
NORA Member: Yuj is coming out with me next time I go surfing. I can’t wait!
NORA Member: The houses along the shore are built to withstand even harsh storms.


(Talk to blonde woman sitting on shore near gate.)
Nell: Hey, you guys, did you see a medical kit lying around anywhere? I thought I’d left one in NORA house, but I can’t seem to find it. I’m guessing someone had a use for it during that ruckus yesterday. Pulse is a dangerous place, and I don’t have the supplies to deal with serious injuries. If you find the kit, can you bring it to me?
Mission Prompt: Heart Prism


Gadot: Hey, there, Serah. Sorry, but I’m not lettin’ anyone near that meteorite just yet.
Serah: All right then. Hey, Gadot? What do you think those ‘artefact’ things are? You     know the, keys Noel was talking about.
Gadot: How should I know? Even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you.
Serah: So… you do know something?
Gadot: N-no, I got no idea! You’re not actually swallowing any of that crap, are ya?
Serah: I have to give him a chance, at least.
Gadot (x2): That meteorite is off-limits.
Gadot: That Noel guy… Stirrin’ up a bunch of trouble.
Gadot: He’s up to somethin’. I can smell it.
Gadot: Keep an eye out. Never know when some creepy-crawly’ll pop outta nowhere.


(Talk to dark-skinned man in green and orange walking around square.)
NORA Member: Serah, who’s your friend?
Serah: Someone from a faraway place. Noel, is there anything you want to ask?
Noel: Tell me more about this town.
NORA Member: We used to live in a place called Bodhum. That’s where we created NORA. But we had to find another place to live after that incident three years back. We left Cocoon and created this town.
Noel: Wow. So that big guy’s in charge, huh?
NORA Member: He’s strong like an ox, but he’s no leader. Here in town, Lebreau’s actually in command. She is the head of NORA, after all. At least, for now.
Serah: Don’t listen to him. Gadot and Lebreau have important roles, but… Without Yuj, we’d never agree on anything, and who knows what we’d do without Maqui’s gadgets?
Noel: So the four of them together make the perfect leader. What about Serah? What’s her role?
NORA Member: She’s a grade school teacher. A really strict one, too.
Serah: He’s teasing again!
NORA Member (x2): Let me tell you, though, no one was a better leader than Snow. He was the one who created NORA back when we were still on Cocoon.
NORA Member: Snow was the one who named this town New Bodhum. He didn’t want us to forget the old town.
NORA Member: We lost our old home three years ago. But thanks to Snow, that doesn’t matter. This is our home now.
NORA Member: I wonder who’s stronger, Gadot or Snow.
NORA Member: By the way, Gadot was sneaking around the beach this morning. You know, he’s not very good at the stealth thing.


Yuj: Hey, Serah. Did you find one of those artefact things?
Serah: Not yet. Have you been looking too?
Yuj: I’d try, if I had any idea what I was looking for. You know, Serah…
Serah: What?
Yuj: Ah, never mind. Forget it.
Serah: What’s going on?
Yuj (x2): You know, Maqui’s been acting kind of shifty lately.
Yuj: If Snow hadn’t trained us the way he did, there’s no way we could survive here on Pulse.
Yuj: This outfit is so last week. Might be time for a shopping trip.
Yuj: Where did that rascal get to, I wonder…


(When you walk over toward the beach houses at the other end.)
Noel: Look, I think Mog has found something.
Serah: But, that’s just a cat… Oh, and it’s with the one that we keep at NORA House.
(Talk to blonde woman in sweatpants and orange hoodie.)
NORA Member: Hello there, Ms. Farron!
Serah: Oh, hi there! This might be a strange question, but have you seen something that ‘shouldn’t’ exist?
NORA Member: That’s a strange question, all right. I wish I could help you, but I’ve been pretty busy with security duty. Frankly, these days, lots of things seem out of the ordinary!
Serah: Yeah, I know. The people here are counting on you guys to protect them. They couldn’t survive without NORA.
NORA Member: Well, we can’t ask them to fight off the monsters themselves. At least things have improved in these past few years. When the town was first built, NORA was     in charge of keeping everyone safe and working the fields. Let me tell you, living on Cocoon, you don’t learn to grow vegetables!
NORA Member (x2): Things are almost back to normal on Cocoon, thanks to the provisional government the army created.
NORA Member: Bodhum was destroyed three years ago, and now there’s nothing left of it. It’s ironic to think now, but I would’ve died if it hadn’t been for the Purge.
NORA Member: My younger sister lives near Cocoon. She says she’s too scared to live around here ‘cause of the monsters.
NORA Member: I hear they’re constructing a giant elevator to reach Cocoon. The problem is, the airships just can’t handle the traffic.
NORA Member: I thought moogles were make-believe animals from fairy tales. The longer I live here, the less I seem to know about Gran Pulse.


(Examine the cat that Mog has called your attention to.)
Serah: Wait, the cat isn’t an artefact, is it?
Noel: No, I don’t think so. Maybe the cat could’ve picked up the artefact?
(Follow the cat up the walkway.)
Serah: After her!   
Noel: Stay on her, Mog.
Mog: Kupokupo!
(Talk to the blonde woman in the house where you last caught up with the cat.)
Resident: The cats have been on edge ever since that rock fell out of the sky. I’ve never heard them sound so excited.
Resident (x2): The kitties seem very pleased with themselves. I wonder if they found some food.
Resident: Sunbathing seems to be a favorite feline pastime.
Resident: Huh? A what? Have I seen any arti-what now?


(Catch up with the cat behind the beach houses.)
Serah: Snow! So this’s where you got to. And the artefact… isn’t here, huh?
Noel: Snow?
Serah: Oh, yeah, she’s my pet. Yuj found her and brought her home.
[Flashback]
Gadot: Hey, I don’t see why not.
Maqui: I think we should keep her too. Just as long as she doesn’t make a mess in my workshop.
Lebreau: Are you sure you can look after her?
Yuj: Can’t we all do it? I mean, we are one big family, right?
Serah: Thanks. She’s adorable.
Serah: I thought I could hide it from them. But they knew. They saw right through me. I’d lost Lightning, and then Snow. But those guys, they really tried to cheer me up.
[End flashback]
Noel: So it hasn’t been all bad.
Serah: No, not at all. Life is harder here, compared to back on Cocoon… But everyone     sticks together. Even in the tough times, we have each other. That helps.
Noel: Those friends of yours are like family, aren’t they?
Live Trigger: Noel says that my friends have become like family. How do I respond to that?
: “If only Snow was here…”
Serah: But without Snow, I still feel as lonely as can be. Even with all these friends around me.
Noel: You and Snow want the same thing. I’m sure you’ll find each other again.
O: “The cat is my only family!”
Serah: This is why I can’t just leave. Little Snow means so much to me now.
Noel: Wow. You like animals that much?
X: “If only Lightning was here…”
Serah: Yes, but it’s only part of a family. It just doesn’t feel whole without my sister, you know?
Noel: If it’s what you really want, one day you’ll be together again.
: “Why don’t you settle down here, too?”
Serah: Why don’t you settle down with us? I’m sure everyone would like that.
Noel: It’s good of you to offer, but I can’t do that. I made a promise to Lightning.
Noel: We’re way off track.
Serah: Where else should we look?
Noel: Mog, help us out here!
Mog: Kupo!


Serah: Look, the moogle’s reacting to the kids.
Mog: Kupo!?
Noel: Yeah, but I don’t think he’s just looking for playmates.
(Examine the plants in the bed on the circle platform.)
Noel: Oh, wow. You grow vegetables?
Serah: What? You mean you don’t?
Noel: Well, the soil is barren. Nothing will grow at all. We have to survive by hunting. It’s that or starve.
Serah: Yesterday, you said you were the last of humanity. What did you mean?
Noel: Just what I said. When I was born, there were fewer humans in the world than live in this village. After a while… I was the only one left.
Live Trigger: In the future, Noel said he was the last human left. What do I say to that…?
: “How did it come to that?”
Serah: How did it happen?
Noel: There were monster attacks and illnesses… people die. But everyone said the same thing before they passed on. ‘The future is yours.’
O: “It was the end of the world?”
Serah: You mean… it was the end of the world?
Noel: Yeah. And let me tell you, I still can’t get over seeing so many people at once. But you know, I think the future can be changed.
X: “So you’re like an endangered animal?”
Serah: So if we don’t keep you safe, the human race will die out completely?
Noel: Hey, I’m not gonna let you lock me up, you know.
: “I can’t believe it.”
Serah: It’s just so… unreal.
Noel: I can barely believe it myself. Although I can tell you, it’s not as unreal as being here in the past, seeing all these people alive in one place.


Maqui: I’ll bet you anything it’s that guy for sure. He looks totally guilty.
Serah: Hm? What’s that now?
Maqui: N-n-nothing! I didn’t say anything!
Maqui (x2): The only person there at the time was…
Maqui: I’ll get that little brat!


(Talk to the guy in the house nearby.)
Resident: Cats do drag home the darndest things sometimes.
(Talk to the kids.)
Serah: Good morning.
(The kids greet Serah and gather around her.)
Serah: These are my students. I teach their classes.
Noel: A school teacher, huh?
Girl: Right!
Serah: I’m so glad you’re all safe.
Boy: Yeah!
Serah: Now, did everyone do their homework?
Girl: I did mine! ‘Cause, I didn’t want you getting mad at me like the last time.
Noel: Seems like you’d be soft on kids, but you’re pretty strict, huh?
(Serah protests, but the kids start chanting.)
Children: Meanie Miss Farron! Meanie Miss Farron!
(The kids run off.)
Serah: You know, I’m only strict because my teacher was strict. Lightning must’ve rubbed off on me.
Noel: My grandmother was a teacher, too. She taught me everything I know. She taught me about Gran Pulse and its history.
Live Trigger: In the future world, Noel’s grandmother was also his teacher. What should I ask him?
: “Do you want to go back there?”
Serah: Do you want to go back to your own time?
Noel: Even if I did, there’s no one waiting for me. Besides, I don’t even know if it’s possible.
Serah: So… what are you going to do?
Noel: I’m not sure. First, I want to help you track down your sister. Then… Well, there are things I’m looking for, too.
O: “What was she like?”
Serah: What was your grandmother like?
Noel: I was always her favorite. She kinda spoiled me. She lived until she was fifty, so she had a lot to teach me.
Serah: Fifty? But she was still so young…
Noel: Lifespans were longer during this age. If my grandmother were still alive… I could’ve learned so much more. I could’ve… I could’ve handled things better.
X: “Are you really from the future?”
Serah: Is it true? Are you really from the future?
Noel: Let me ask you a question. What can I do to convince you?
Serah: I’m sorry I asked. I know how hard it is when no one believes you.
Noel: Sometimes it bothers me to think I might never make it back. But if you do come with me, you’ll be feeling that same fear. That’s why I want you to fully understand what you’re getting yourself into.
: “Do you know what happens next?”
Serah: Do you know what happens next?
Noel: Well, I’m still not sure this place is the past world of my time. But assuming it is, chaos rains down on Cocoon, and the disaster in the prophecy comes to…
Serah: What’s wrong?
Noel: Comes to… It’s weird. It’s like my memories are slipping away from me. Sorry, I don’t mean to be cryptic. I’ll let you know if it comes back to me.
Maqui: That’s the kid I was looking for! I know my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me!
Rhett: It’s Maqui! I better get outta here!
Noel: Hey, what’s he got there?
Mog: Kupopo!
Serah: Let’s follow him.
Maqui: He certainly is faster than he looks.
Serah: What are you mumbling about?
Maqui: Huh? What? I wasn’t…! Don’t creep up on me like that!
Maqui (x2): There’s nothing going on! Honest!
Maqui: I’m just trying to find my spanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment