Friday, December 6, 2013

New Bodhum 003 AF Part 2

Objective: Investigate the impact site
Town Square
Serah: Noel, is that all you’re going to tell me? Your name? Like, who are you? What do you do?
Noel: I’m a hunter.
Serah: I feel like an interrogator. Do you mind me asking?
Noel: Shoot.
(Talk to the guy in pink, purple, and red.)
NORA Member: Never seen anything like ‘em before. Took ‘em seconds to turn our sentry bots into scrap metal.
Serah: I heard a meteorite fell from the sky and that’s when all these monsters appeared.
NORA Member: That’s right. Gadot and the others went to check out the meteorite. It’s right outside town, along the mountain path. That way – over towards Cocoon.
NORA Member (x2): Gadot and the others went to examine the meteorite.
NORA Member: The meteorite fell over there – in that area near Cocoon.
I was in trouble and my man just ran off! What a loser!
Huh, but at least I’m still alive!
I wonder if they get a kick out of attacking us humans.
I can’t believe him! He’s gonna get it!
Haven’t seen you around these parts.
I wonder if that’s really a meteorite.
Holler if you see monsters. I’ll take care of ‘em!
I wanna go home to Cocoon.
I hope my cat Spot is okay.
Are we gonna be able to keep living on Pulse?
Come out, come out, wherever you are!
I’ll make Snow proud. I promise!
A monster!? …Oh, it’s just you.
I didn’t know monsters like that existed on Pulse.
Watch out for the monsters, Serah.
Oh, I hope Mewmew isn’t hurt.
So those sentry bots are just junk, huh?
I bet these monsters followed some idiot back to town.
I don’t know him.
If only I could use magic, too!
The army’s got nothin’ on NORA!
Snow, we need you here!


(Talk to guy in blue pants and green-brown vest)
NORA Member: G-Gadot and the others left to investigate the meteorite.
Serah: Were Yuj and Maqui with him?
NORA Member: Yeah, I think so. He made us stay here because the path is covered in fallen trees. He said it was way too dangerous for us.
NORA Member (x2): A-all civilians have been ordered to stay indoors.
NORA Member: Great. We get to protect the whole village.
NORA Member: Gadot… Please come back to us soon!
NORA Member: We moved Lebreau and the kids to a safe place. I wish I were with them…


(Talk to woman in orange-yellow top walking around.)
NORA Member: Oh, hello Miss Farron.
Serah: How are the kids?
NORA Member: You’re worried about them, too? Don’t worry – the kids and Lebreau are safe and sound. They’re inside that building by the shore.
Serah: Thank goodness!
NORA Member: Serah, I didn’t know you were such a worrywart. But it’s understandable. I guess you’ve been through a lot, huh?
NORA Member (x2): A moogle that moves? That’s so cute.
NORA Member: Lebreau’s fine. The kids are taking care of her, so you have nothing to worry about.
NORA Member: We’ll keep patrolling the area.
Beachfront
Noel: Curiosity killed the cat, you know.
Live Trigger: This strange young man says he met with Lightning in Valhalla. I need to find out more.
: “Did you really see Lighting?”
Serah: You said you met my sister. What did she look like? What was she wearing?
Noel: She was covered by silver armor decorated by feathers. She looked just like a goddess out of some fairy tale.
Serah: Just like in my dream! Maybe you really did meet her.
O: “Tell me about Valhalla.”
Serah: Tell me about Valhalla.
Noel: I don’t know much about it myself. It’s not like I lived there or anything. The legends say it lies at the end of time, in the distant future; that it’s the realm of the dead.
Serah: The realm of the dead? Does that mean Lightning is out of my reach for good?
X: “You’re a hunter?”
Serah: So you’re a hunter. Is that like your job?
Noel: Well, less of a job and more of a way of life. In the era I come from, if you don’t learn how to hunt, you don’t get to eat.
Serah: Are you really from a different time?
: “Where are you from?”
Serah: Where are you from? Somewhere inside Cocoon?
Noel: Cocoon? Huh. So I guess it still exists in this age. Uh, I’ve traveled around a lot, following the herds. Ever since I was born.
Serah: Wait, what do you mean? You were born on Pulse?
Noel (x2): I’m not trying to hide anything.
Noel: You don’t believe me?
Noel: Guess I’m not so good at small talk.
(Mog Clock Primer)

(If you go around either side of the path instead of climbing it…)
Noel: So, hey, those clothes remind me of Lightning’s. They’ve got the same patterns.
Serah: Really? All I know is I was wearing them when I woke up. But, maybe I haven’t woken up yet after all…
Noel: I’m pretty sure this isn’t a dream.
Winding Way
Noel: Wow.
Serah: What’s up, Noel?
Noel: I-I just didn’t think it would be that beautiful. Cocoon, I mean. It’s exactly like in the legend. I can’t believe I’m really here.
Live Trigger: Noel is staring at Cocoon like he’s seeing is for the first time. What to say?
: “My sister is there.”
Serah: My sister is somewhere inside that pillar. At least that’s what everyone says. She and our friends transformed into crystal, and kept Cocoon from falling.
Noel: Really? Is that what happened? Then how was I able to meet with Lightning?
Serah: Good question. But my sister never came back. It’s been three years without her. I wish it weren’t true.
O: “Not used to seeing Cocoon?”
Serah: Not used to seeing Cocoon, huh?
Noel: No. Well actually, this is the first time I’ve ever seen it.
Serah: The first time? You can’t be serious. Like, the first time seeing it from the outside?
X: “What do you mean, ‘in the legend’?”
Serah: What do you mean by ‘in the legend’?
Noel: The legend about Cocoon and how it was held up in the sky by a crystal pillar. We all knew that story.
Serah: Seems funny to call it a legend. It’s only been three years.
: “You seem a bit shaken.”
Serah: You seem a bit shaken there, Noel.
Noel: That obvious, huh? I thought I knew what to expect. Being thrown into a  world you don’t understand is a lot more terrifying than I imagined.
Serah: I’m not sure I get what you mean.
Noel: I mean what I said.
You don’t think… Could the people on Cocoon have dropped that rock?
Hey! You look after Serah!
Is that a moogle?
Oh, man, Yuj really drives us hard.
The path is way too dangerous!
I wonder why I got picked for this…
Enemies!
I see them!
Yuj and Maqui must be scared as hell right now.
You know, Maqui might know something about it.
Looks like no one will be fishing today.
Stay safe!
If I see another meteorite, I’m gonna shoot it down!
Hey, what is that?
They’re here!
Thought you’d be six feet under by now!
What’s the deal with rocks falling from the sky?
We need as many resources as possible.
Yuj and Maqui went too. Wow, the whole gang is here!
Phew! Friendlies…
That kid Maqui’s up ahead.
This is insane!
I-I’d feel a lot better if Snow were here.
I-I hope I don’t run out of ammo!
Uhh, should we look for an escape route?
Stay in contact, now.
Leave this area to us. Go hide somewhere safe.
What’s that?
Hey!
Yo.
Still up for a fight?
Yuj and the others went ahead, too.
Stay safe. Don’t wanna upset Snow!
So, we’re supposed to head toward Cocoon, right?
Serah! I didn’t think you were the adventuring type.
I see the shelters here are still intact.
You gotta be kidding!
If the monsters wanna come and get me, now’s their shot!
Serah, you came, too? It’s dangerous!
Pfft! Monsters, shmonsters!
Yuj should be up ahead.
Still alive, huh?
Cocoon looks amazing at night.
Uh-oh!
Let’s head to the meteorite.
Will you take a look at this?
Do we really have to go investigate?
None of these monsters look the least bit tasty.
Whaddya think? Could the fal’Cie be behind this?
I-It’s the end of the world…
I wonder if I’ll make it out of this alive…
I wanna go home.
Oh man, I shoulda stayed in bed.
I don’t understand what’s going on and it’s ticking me off!
I don’t understand what’s going on.
Tell me I’m just seeing things!
Serah! What’s going on?
Is this really our town…?
Gadot… Please help!
My eyes must be playing tricks on me.
Kill them all!
I’ve always been jealous of people who can use magic.
I’m ready to give up about now.
We’re kinda screwed, aren’t we?
Be careful!
Maybe the world’s falling apart.
This is the only affected area.
Is it because of the meteorite?
It’s no use trying to figure this out.
The world had to end someday…
No way!
Not again!
They say it’s safe to get close, but…
This is not happening. This is not happening.
(Maps Primer)

Gadot: Serah! Still in one piece? We’re seein’ lots of unfriendly critters around that meteorite.
Gadot: Oho… Who’s this?
Serah: This is Noel. He helped Lebreau and me out of a tight spot.
Gadot: Is that right?
Gadot: I’m Gadot!
Noel: Okay, take it easy, big guy. I am not here to make trouble for anyone.
Gadot: You better not. Anything happens to Serah and the boss’ll string your carcass out to dry.
Live Trigger: Gadot seems to be concerned for Serah’s safety. How should Noel respond to Gadot’s distrust?
: “This boss sounds like a bully!”
Noel: Sounds like a tool. I can deal with him.
Gadot: Huh? Who d’ya think you are!?
O: “I’ll keep Serah safe.”
Noel: I’ll take care of Serah. You’ve got my word on that.
Gadot: Words are cheap!
X: “Who’s the boss?”
Noel: The boss? Who’s that?
Gadot: He ain’t here right now!
: “I thought you were the boss.”
Noel: Aren’t you the boss? You sure seem like one.
Gadot: Ah, gee, thanks, but I’m his right-hand man.
Gadot: Playin’ my song.
Gadot: Here we go!
Gadot: Ugh. More of ‘em?
Gadot: Just when we need him, the boss ain’t here.
Gadot: Is that moogle good for anything?


Noel: Huh? What’s going on here?
Serah: Am I dreaming?
Noel: I see it, too. Pretty sure it’s no dream.
Serah: Oh, hey, Yuj.
Yuj: Hey. So, this is the famous Noel, huh?
Serah: Yep.
Noel: I guess news travels fast.
Yuj: Lebreau told me how you helped her out. I’m Yuj. Nice to meet you.
Noel: Hey, likewise.
Yuj: What’s with the new stylin’ threads, Serah? Not exactly a ‘dress up and hit the town’ kind of occasion.
Live Trigger: Yuj seems curious about my new attire. What should I tell him?
: “You want to try them on?”
Serah: You wanna try them on? They might look better on you!
Yuj: I don’t think so. Wouldn’t want to show you up or anything!
O: “They fell from the sky.”
Serah: If I told you they fell from the sky, you probably wouldn’t believe me, huh?
Yuj: Are you telling me the meteorite is a fashion critic?
X: “I don’t remember putting them on.”
Serah: Well, to be honest with you, I don’t remember putting them on.
Yuj: Oh, I know how that goes. Hard to resist trying out a new outfit!
: “You’re one to talk, Yuj!”
Serah: Yuj, you’re not really one to talk, you know.
Yuj: What? These are my regular clothes. Can’t help looking fabulous.
Yuj: Okay, I better get going. See you guys later.
Serah: Bye.
Yuj: Don’t know what to make of this…
Yuj: You ever see anything like it?
Yuj: Oh, you caught up already?


Noel: More of them.
Serah: Maybe it’s an illusion. Like some sort of mirage showing scenery in the distance.
Maqui: Weird… How did these plants grow so fast? I don’t get it. Must be pockets of unstable time or something.
Noel: More meteorite phenomenon?
Maqui: You got that right. Look at this stuff! Ever since that rock came down, we’ve been seein’ all kinds of aberrations.
Serah: Do you have any idea what’s happening?
Maqui: Not the slightest clue. Some spots seem to have sped forward centuries. But other parts haven’t changed at all…
Noel: So these areas are from different timelines. Realities blending together? Like two ages overlapping. That about right?
Maqui: Right! It’s exactly like that.
Live Trigger: After the meteorite hit, different realities started bleeding into ours. Let’s ask Maqui what he thinks.
: “Where did the moogle come from?”
Serah: So, is the moogle from another dimension, do you think?
Maqui: Hmmm. Well, I’d have to dismantle it to know for sure…
Mog: Kupokupo!?
Noel: I think he understood you. In any case, we can’t go breaking Serah’s good luck charm.
Mog: Kupo!
O: “Where are the monsters coming from?”
Serah: Are these creatures from another world as well?
Maqui: That’s what I’m trying to figure out!
Noel: I think it’s safe to say they’re from another world. I mean, you haven’t seen anything like them around here, right?
X: “Where did the meteorite come from?”
Serah: I wonder, did that meteorite come from another world?
Maqui: Like, another dimension? Or another time?
Noel: It fell here from Valhalla. Let’s keep moving. If we learn more about the rock, then we’ll know more.
: “Even you can’t figure out what’s going on?”
Serah: Maqui, if you don’t understand this stuff, then nobody else will.
Maqui: You’re just tryin’ to make me feel better!
Noel: Must be tough being the resident genius.
Maqui (x2): Man, I can’t believe this!
Maqui: Weird stuff going down, huh?
Maqui: Most exciting thing that’s happened since we built the town!
Maqui: This can’t be good...


Noel: Cocoon is gone.
(Boss Battle: Gogmagog)

(Fragments Primer)

(Gogmagog Fragment Alpha)

Gadot: What do I tell everyone?
Gadot: What’s going on inside that rock?
Gadot: Don’t wander off alone!
Gadot: Guess that Noel’s seen a few fights before.
Meteorite Impact Site
Noel: We made it.
Serah: Wait up!
(Serah and Noel look up at an image of a barren world hovering above the meteorite.)
Serah: What is that place? Noel, do you know?
Noel: Yeah.
Serah: Wait. What happened to Cocoon? It’s not there.
Noel: Well… you’re looking at a different time. That’s the world I come from. (pause) In     my world, Cocoon doesn’t exist. When I was born, the sky was already empty. Tell me, how many years has it been? Since Ragnarok appeared and Cocoon fell?
Serah: Well, it’s 3 AF. So, that was three years ago.
Noel: For me, all that happened 700 years in the past. I was born and raised in another time. 700 years in the future.
Serah: Yes. I knew it. I knew you weren’t from this world.
Noel: I’m the last of humanity.
Gadot: Hey!
Noel: Serah. I can take you there. We can find Lightning together. I know she wants to see you.
(Gadot, Yuj, and Maqui come into the scene.)
Gadot: You’re full of it!
Maqui: Yeah, that’s impossible!
Yuj: Lightning’s gone, man.
Serah: Gadot.
(Serah pats Gadot on the arm, indicating he should let Noel speak. Gadot groans loudly.)
Serah: Noel, do you know where my sister is?
Noel: Come with me.
(Noel takes her hand, and places both their hands on the meteorite. It begins to shine and transform.)
Serah: What’s happening?
Maqui: Whoa, far out.
Noel: You see? It’s a Time Gate.
Gadot: Whaddya mean, ‘Time Gate’?
Noel: It’s like a portal. Lightning is in a place called Valhalla. She’s waiting on the other side.
Serah: I couldn’t turn my eyes away. I knew the answer lay beyond that gate. The answer to my doubts and dreams. On the broad plain beneath Cocoon, my sister once celebrated my marriage to Snow. I remember her smile like it was yesterday. But sometime, when I wasn’t looking, she disappeared. She was gone as if she’d never been there in the first place. Lightning, are you out there? Did I dream that day on Pulse, or did it really happen? Noel says he can find you. But is he telling the truth?
(The scene changes to the interior of the NORA House, where Noel is apparently explaining something to Yuj, Maqui, Gadot, Lebreau, and Serah with Mog in her arms.)
Serah: Noel’s world was a terrible place where Cocoon did not exist. He had traveled back in time to change that bleak future. Or so he told us.
Noel: Listen, when different eras overlap, all kinds of crazy stuff happens. Objects from different times get mixed up. If you want to open a gate and travel through time… you have to find one of those objects. They’re called artefacts.
Serah: Artefacts?
Noel: The keys to the future. They’re anachronisms, relics of a different world. Basically,     things that don’t belong in your time. If we can find one, we might be able to use it to open the gate. Then we could cross time and travel to Lightning’s world.
Serah: Could Noel be telling the truth? Beyond that gate, in a place called Valhalla… is Lightning alive and waiting for me? Can I dare to hope again, after all this time? Oh, how I want to believe. I want my sister back!
(Scene changes again to Serah’s bed in the NORA House as she’s waking up.)
Serah: So much happened the night the meteorite fell. We all had a lot to think about. I wonder if anyone slept.
Serah: Good morning.
(Preparing for Adventure Primer)

(Datalog Updated!)

Gadot: The impact site is off limits for now.
Maqui: Shouldn’t we check it out, though? Just gonna make everyone nervous if we don’t.
Gadot: It’s not safe near that thing. There’s monsters everywhere.
Yuj: If only Snow were here. He’d know how to handle this nightmare.
Lebreau: Now don’t start whining. We agreed to take care of things while he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment