Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Giza Plains (Dry) - Nomad Village

Arjie: Well, hello! The wary traveler never passes the chance to restock his supplies. [shop menu] I used to live in Rabanastre, before I met my husband. Then I moved here. I only get to see him during the Rains, but I’m happy all the same.
Camina: The tree what was blockin’ the path to Kerwon’s finally gone. And it’s a good thing, too. Lots of herbs we can’t find no other place. Are you goin’ to Ozmone Plain? I haven’t been too far that way, but the monsters sure look tough.
Tott: Little while ago, the whole west sky lit up in a flash. Only lasted for a second. Wonder what that was…
Nutsy: An elemental was chasing me, kupo! The rain was pouring down, and I could feel my fur crickle-crackle when it came near. Horrifying! Would you like to buy a map, kupo?...
Roaklo: I really wanna go see Ozmone Plain. I hear there are all these old ruined airships just waitin’ to be explored… I get excited just thinkin’ about it!
Nanau: I thought my little brother had been working hard lately, but now i find out he’s just been planning to sneak off to Kerwon. Can you believe it?
Masyua: Don’t often get visitors in this heat. What is it?
>Can you tell me about sunstones?
Did you notice the dark crystals? They again shine with light. No small thanks to the fine weather we’ve enjoyed these past days. Are you interested in making some sunstones?
>Sure, why not?
>How do I make sunstones?
>No, thanks.
You’re always welcome, if you change your mind. We pay well for stones of a high grade, should you need a few extra gil.
>Nothing, sorry.
The garif live to the south, in northern Kerwon. They are an ancient race, who live by the ways of their ancestors. They wear masks from the day they’re born until the day they die.
Jinn: I saw ‘em bringing a bunch of hurt Imperials to Rabanastre. I thought the war was supposed to be over? My family was killed in the war… But Brunoa brought me to live here. I don’t wanna see anyone else get hurt.
Lesina: Have you been to the garif village? Our elder and their chieftain go way back, but they haven’t seen each other in a cockatrice’s age. I make trips to their village to trade sunstones for medicinal herbs, hides… you name it. And the kids just love that nanna cheese they make.
Elder Brunoa: They tell me the fallen tree blocking the road to Kerwon was washed away by the Rains. The way south through Starfall Field is open. If you’re heading that way, see you’re well provisioned before setting out. Changes in the land mean changes in the beasts that walk them.
Elder Brunoa (x2): I was walking through the plains several days past when I was overcome by the feeling some great power had been lost. I pray it is no ill omen.
Terra: The cockatrices aren’t lookin’ so good lately. Can’t you tell? You gotta look close. And poor Dania… I wish there was something I could do to help out.
[Examine any one of the cockatrices…]
Cockatrice: (It looks a little down in the beak.)
[For more dialogue with Dania, Terra, and the cockatrices, see “Hunts - Little Love on the Big Plains.”]

No comments:

Post a Comment